In this post I will be talking about efiling 1099 forms using a 1099 tax software that supports this feature.
- Start by running the 1099 software program.
- Open the company that you want create the e-File submission for.
- From the menu click E-Filing and then select the type of 1099 form that you want to file, say for example 1099-MISC.
- Populate the following fields:
- Transmitter Name Line 1
- Transmitter Name Line 2
- Company Name Line 1
- Company Name Line 2
- Company Address.
- Zip Code.
- Whether the file type is test or not.
- Output file name
Click OK.The 1099 e-Filing software will now generate a file that can be sent to the IRS. All electronic filing of information returns are received at the IRS via the the Filing Information Returns Electronically System (FIRE). To connect to the FIRE System, go to http://fire.irs.gov/. The system is designed to support the electronic filing of information returns only.