This tutorial assumes that you have either downloaded a FREE demo of 1099R Software called W2 Mate, or you’ve already purchased W2 Mate. If you have not installed W2 Mate yet, please do so by downloading a FREE trial from the link below:
1099 Software FREE Download
Now to the steps for filling out 1099R forms:
- Open W2 Mate software (W2 Mate prints 1099-R and other 1099 tax forms).
- Navigate to the “1099 / 1098 Recipients” page.
- Click the new “New 1099 / 1098 Recipient” button. This will bring up the new recipient dialog. Please fill out all information. You will need to select “Form 1099-R” as the type of 1099 forms received.
- Repeat step 3 for each recipient you want to add.
- Click on the “1099 & 1098 Forms” icon from the left toolbar. This will take you to the 1099s screen.
- Under “Form Type” click select and change the form to 1099-R.
- Fill out the money amounts for each 1099-R recipient.
- Click Save before you move between records.
- Click the print button. This will bring up the print 1099-R forms dialog.
- Select the recipients you want to print and type of copy. You can print all copies on white paper (no need for laser forms) except for copy A which you need to print on pre-printed forms.
To learn more about W2 Mate visit the 1099 software page or visit http://www.realtaxtools.com/